From Ottawa: I bought a copy of Office 2007 in 2010 from The…

Greetings from Ottawa:...

Greetings from Ottawa: I bought a copy of Office 2007 in 2010 from The Source, and installed it on my Toshiba laptop. I never got, and don't want an upgrade. Due to computer repairs, I need to re-install - but I cannot find the CD case for Office 2007. Hence no product key number. How can I re-install?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Toshiba?

Simple answer - don't know. The word Satellite is on the laptop. If there is more product information, I don't know where to look.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Satellite? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, in all the time since I installed Office 2007, I have only done one update - but that turned out to be a false update - it contained a virus, which is why I needed repairs. My computer needs are very simple - I used a word processor and an internet browser - that's all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The Toshiba works REALLY well. AND, the Office 2007 works REALLY well, for my needs. That is why I just want to re-install, NOT get a new version.

3/27/2018
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Which version of Windows do you have?

Ricky Expert
Not sure - I do not usually take note of this kind of information. It is a newer version since the repairs were done. The initial interface has those fancy colored squares with different functions .

Thank you. It sounds like you most likely have Windows 8. Unfortunately, without the product key, you will not be able to install and use your Office 2007. If you do not want to upgrade to the latest version of Office, you will need to purchase a used copy of Office 2007 that comes with a product key. You can find this on eBay.

This is beginning to cost too much money! When I started this request, the listed fee was $5. Now it's up to $52. At this rate I could have gotten a new yearly subscription to the current Office package. All I want is to by-pass the produce key number and re-install my Office 2007 software. Can't you help me do that?

The extra $39 does not apply to this situation as I can't help with remote assistance. Your card will be credited the $39 back in 1-3 business days. I'm not sure if you saw my answer, so here it is again: Unfortunately, without the product key, you will not be able to install and use your Office 2007. If you do not want to upgrade to the latest version of Office, you will need to purchase a used copy of Office 2007 that comes with a product key. You can find this on eBay.

but when do the pricey add-ins stop. Why can't you just help me install the old software as part of customer service?

You cannot install the old software without a product key. You will need to purchase a used copy of Office 2007 that comes with a product key.

Where do I purchase a used copy of Office 2007?
Thanks. I will consider my options.

You're welcome. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!