Can I confirm if there is a ThinkPad Pro Dock that supports…

Customer Question
Can I confirm if...

Can I confirm if there is a ThinkPad Pro Dock that supports HDMI to a monitor?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your ThinkPad?

It is a work laptop that I think is on Windows 7 - just starting it to find out - yes Window 7 enterpirse

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ThinkPad? Have you installed any updates recently?

I dock it at work and the network updates whatever the organisation has implemented. Basically I do a lot of work at home - use a second monitor - bought a new All-in -One computer that will switch and act as a monitor but it only has HDMI in - whereas the laptop doesn't have a HDMI out

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 3 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

ThinkPad Pro Docks do not have HDMI ports, only DP, but you can purchase and use DP to HDMI converter like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Rankie-DisplayPort-HDMI-Cable-Plated/dp/B00Z05JMKO/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1522128271&sr=1-3&keywords=DP+to+hdmi

let me know if you have additional questions