Error messag Oxc0000005 when trying to install security

Customer Question
Error messag Oxc0000005 when...

Error messag Oxc0000005 when trying to install security update

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Windows 10 1703

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Samsung

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Two Weeks and have only tried basic repair methods.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

One attempt to repair came back with instruction to delete Nero which was done.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

First, click the Windows Start button then the Search box and type

cmd

in the Search box then right click on the command prompt icon and click Run as Administrator.

On the command prompt type:

chkdsk c: /f

and press Enter then when prompted to run the scan on reboot press the Y key then press Enter. Then reboot, let it scan and fix errors, and boot up.

Next open the command prompt again using Run as Administrator then type the following command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

and let it scan and fix corruption. Once it completes, reboot the computer.

sfc /scannow

and press Enter and let it scan and fix corruption. Then reboot the computer.

Test to see if the issue is resolved and let me know the result.

Do you still need assistance?