I have been trying to update my windows 10 for 2 weeks and…

I have been trying...

I have been trying to update my windows 10 for 2 weeks and it always gets stuck at 81% during reboot process. I tried running as administrator and taking all security programs off my drive. why is it doing this?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

I am running a core i7 desktop with windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your laptop?

Gateway dx4860

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your DX4860? Have you installed any updates recently?

The only updates that I have tried to downloadis windows10

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The computer locks at 81%of reboot process and I have to shut the system down every time.

3/27/2018
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you. I can either help you via Remote Connection or this chat. I can run or help you use the Windows 10 media creation tool.

Thanks,

Aaron

You can use Remote Connection

Ok great. Please download Teamviewer. You do not need to install.

Just open this program and give me the ID and password.

Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist
ID 736 312 791
Password *****

Do you have something that blocks links? Can I use a different web browser on your computer?

I dont know if I do or not. You may use whatever will work

Thanks.

This tool will try to upgrade Windows 10 and install any missing updates. Also, I kicked off an system file check to try to fix this problem. It can take awhile to download and install updates.

Thank you. No problem.

What happened to the command prompt window and media creation tool?

They must be in the background. They disapeared when i moved the cursor to answer to your response

OK. Can you please check in your taskbar to see if they are running?

they are

Excellent.

Please click on Accept. Eventually Windows will have to reboot.

You can click on Install. This will install Windows 10 updates. Plus it will NOT remove any of your files or programs.

Hi Aaron. This is the magic 81% where it always locks up

I can try to remote in and check the Windows Update database. Sometimes that database becomes corrupt. It is just one or two folders on your computer.

That’s fine

When that computer boots into Windows please give me the ID and password.

Ok
Do you want me to shut it off and turn it on or can you get into it while it’s locked?

The only way to remote into it is after you run TeamViewer program.

How do I do that? It’s locked up.
I have to shut it and turn it back on. Is that ok?

This time make sure that there are no external devices connected. Unplug any external hard drive, USB flash drive, printer, etc. Yes if you must you can cold boot it.

If 736 312 791
Pass 2667