My Dell Inspiron 17R touchpad as been disabled. How do I…

Customer Question
My Dell Inspiron 17R...

My Dell Inspiron 17R touchpad as been disabled. How do I enable it again.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

Only Windows updates. Tried removing battery and unplugging power cable. Then reinserting battery and power cable. Hold the power button down 3 seconds. Did not work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.

Hi Moses

Turning the Touchpad On and Off With an External Mouse

In the search box type Touchpad.
Touch or click Mouse & touchpad settings (System settings).
Look for a Touchpad On/Off toggle.
When there is a Touchpad On/Off toggle option.
Touch or click the Touchpad On/Off toggle, to toggle the touchpad on or off.
When there is not a Touchpad On/Off toggle.
Touch or click Additional Mouse Options at the bottom of the screen.
Touch or click the Dell Touchpad tab.

press the windows key and the lettter S will bring up the search box or you can simple click on the Cortana search and follow the steps.

My priority is 100% customer satisfaction, complete the rating after the problem is fixed/resolved and if you are unable to follow any given steps please click on View response/reply button and post me a reply i will continue in assisting you further.

Touch or click the picture of the touchpad.

Touch or click the Touchpad on/off toggle, to toggle the touchpad on or off.

Touch or click Save.