Loaded Microsoft Office on to Windows 10 and my audio went…

Customer Question
Hi, Loaded Microsoft Office...

Hi, Loaded Microsoft Office on to Windows 10 and my audio went away. Had the office suite on before hard drive melt down but this time no sound.

Technician's Assistant: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?

Yes, if you are talking about the little logo with four boxes.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T
Hi my name is ***** ***** will be helping you with your question this evening.
If you right click your speaker in the taskbar, are you able to locate the correct sound system and select it? Also does you speaker symbol have an x over it? Red or white x?
Red x over it and there are no systems to select from when I right click
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Have you tried going into device manager, and then uninstalling your audio and then let windows update put it back?

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Where did you get the copy of office? This should not have had any effect on your audio unless it was download from somewhere other than microsoft and was piggy backing a malware virus which can target audio..... Also check your taskbar.. If you see computer repair with a phone number then you definitely have malware installed

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

As a start, right click and select troubleshoot sound problems from the bottom of the list...

See if this can find anything

Went to Device manager and deleted the Codec. How do i start an update?
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Click start button and click settings icon. Scroll down to updates and click on it. See if you have any updates available
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Make sure you run the troubleshooter mentioned above. It works great to fix this issue but depends what’s causing it.. it would not be a bad idea to download malwarebytes free and run a scan. I use this tool in 99% of my virus removals. Just to be on the safe side. If it is on your machine your existing scanners will not detect it