I have been unable to login into my Dell Computer. I went to…

I have been unable...

I have been unable to login into my Dell Computer. I went to Office max and we went through all the steps for my new password ***** it didn't work there and now that I am home it still is not working.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Dell computer

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

AMD A6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Awhile. I went through the process with a tech at Office Max. Followed all the prompts, made a new password ***** it would not work there. We shut the computer off and I came home and tried it and I still can not get into it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. Basically I am totally locked out.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Does your Dell computer have Windows XP, Vista, or 7, 8, or 10?

Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
WIndows XP. Yes my name is ***** ***** no email address at the password/login screen.

How old is your Dell computer?

What's the exact error or message?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
1 year old.

Your Dell computer should not have Windows XP as Windows XP is more than ten years old. I believe your Dell computer has Windows 10. Can you please shut down / restart your computer and watch the screen to confirm if it shows the Windows version while it's turning on?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
it is a dell Inspiron 18 3000 series
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
It is not showing me the windows version

Do you mean Inspiron 15, not 18?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No windows version is showing up

Do you mean Inspiron 15, not 18?

Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
15

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Its saying i am offline. Unable to login

OK. Can we reset the computer, brand new, like when you first purchased the computer?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
How do i do that

Solution #1:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

- Do you see a menu / the Troubleshoot option when trying the above steps?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I am sorry. That did not work. Also i am running out of power. I am done. Thank you for your help.

I'm sorry; I've emailed you, so you can always get back to me anytime later on.

Solution #2:

1. At the password ***** login screen, click on the Ease of Access icon at the bottom; it looks like a timer icon.
  2. Click on the On-Screen Keyboard option.
  3. Click on the Shift key option at the left of the On-Screen Keyboard on the computer's screen.
  4. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart.
  5. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  6. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  7. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you for your patience.