I was wondering if i can input windows 10 no charge into my…

Hello - i was...

Hello - i was wondering if i can input windows 10 no charge into my computer . i currently have windows 7 home premium. about 2 plus years ago you send me a lot of reminders for me to input for free windows 10. a lot of people told me they did not like windows 10 so i didn"T put windows 10 in . and i had aproblem getting someone to help me with it. i have a good friend now . if possible can you send me the latest windows 10 and i can i input it for free. i should have done that before .. thanks richard orr - winnipeg , manitoba .. canada

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My email is ***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

I think gmail but not sure ? locally its mts- manitoba telephone system winnipeg . would that be right?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Only through my computer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Someone sent me an email that said i could download windows 10 . i never tried it as i did not know if its okay . it was from febrauary of this year...does that make sense?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure . as i said i am not a computer wiz at all but my brother who lives in scotland is and he could help me a lot.. i don"t want to do anything that is not proper to download it ..

3/27/2018
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Yes you can still get this upgrade. Follow the instructions on the link I give you and you can also download what is needed from there.:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
hello chris l. i want to first try the trial date 1st. can you send me a link to put it in-install. also after my trial date i see i have to pay $60.00 or so amonth . wouldn"t i be better to install it outright here in winnipeg instead of paying that much every month?

There is no charge for windows 10 so I am not sure where you are seeing the $60.00 charge, if you are talking about the trial for using this support site then yes you can stay on the trial but the download of windows 10 at the link I gave you is free. You will just need to create the installation media which is explained here

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
chris l. can i get back to u in a couple of days and have my brother on the phone when u install it..? also if this is free - you took a $5.00 deposit -do i have to pay $50.00-$60.00 a month for ever ? that seems like a lot .. wouldn"t i be better getting it installed and pay the one price or is this one month charge done and then after that month i own it. either way you can have the $5.00.. i just don"t want to pay that monthly payment of $60.00 or so and how long would that be or is this instalation free???
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
what would be the total cost for you to install windows 10?

Actually I don't have any control over the charges, this website takes care of all charges and I do not even see the charges so I can't quote you a price. For any billing questions email***@******.*** Also because you are wanting to install windows 10 this is not something I can do for you remotely. I can provide you with instructions as I did on the microsoft page but because of the way it updates I cannot do it for you. You just need to download windows 10 from that link and create the update media on a USB drive or DVD.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
how long would that take..also that $52.00 is that the total cost for windows 10 to obtain or do i pay more on a monthly basis.
i"m hesitating a bit because i want to ask my brother 1st. he is not here right now.i can maybe do this another day w/ him on the phone..
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
also if i can call back in a day or so can i ask for you??

Please take your time there is no rush. You should have a link back to our conversation in your email so yes you can return here. There is no monthly cost for windows 10. I should mention though since you are wanting to go from windows 7 to windows 10 you will need to make sure that your computers hardware is powerful enough for windows 10. Likely you will be able to install it however in the long run you may find that windows 10 does not perform as well as 7 on your machine as it is made for newer computers. This is something you should discuss with your brother. You may be better off just sticking with windows 7 and getting the newer windows when you get a new computer. Take your time, you can reply to me anytime you want, tomorrow, or the next day. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
hi chris -thanks a lot . i will ask my brother and see what he says..so how much would it cost me to install windows10?
also can you send me your notes for reference so i can ask my brother. i will rate you the highest i can . my brother is pretty smart w/ computers which helps ,me a lot.what is the total cost to install it chris? or do i just clic on your email for the download of windows10.
and what hrs do u work..

Like I said, this website you are speaking to me through sets the prices so I can quote you a price, also I cannot install windows 10 for you, I can only provide instructions. Here is a link to the minimum system requirements for installing windows 10 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications You would want to make sure the hardware in your computer meets these requirements. Keep in mind if you just barely meet the requirements I would suggest you don't install it as it will not perform better than windows 7. So as for payment you are just paying for consulting with me, not for windows 10. As I said you should see the price on your side of this chat. Ignore the remote support offer as I cannot perform the install remotely and the website is sending those offers not me. Please take a moment to rate our chat by clicking the stars up top which is how I get credit for providing you with all this info. You can return any time and ask me follow up questions. Thanks and have a good night.

Chris L., Support Specialist
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
hello chris l. i am getting my brother to install windows 10 when i speak to him .. it shows me paying a $60.00 bill for a trial basis. of coarse if i am going to install it for free please cancel that $62.00 roughly the price for the trial bill as i don"t need it.can you confirm to me that that charge will not be charged or if so please cancel it for me...
thanks
richard orr -winnipeg , manitoba- canada... email -***@******.***

As I mentioned I have no control over billing or charges. I have sent your request to customer service and they will contact you about that. No need to open new requests. They have been alerted and will take care of that for you.

Thanks

Chris L., Support Specialist