I received an email supposedly from yahoo stating my account…

Customer Question
I received an email...

I received an email supposedly from yahoo stating my account would be deactivated based on my request on 03/25. I NEVER made that request tried to reply said invalid is some one trying to hack my account

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Both phone and a browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

That is why I am here

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Some thing is not allowing my emails through to you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/27/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Yes, it sounds like this message was a "phishing" attempt; that is, an attempt by a nefarious third party to obtain your username and/or password ***** social engineering. When you attempted to reply, were you prompted to insert your username and/or password *****? If so, you'll want to immediately change your Yahoo! password.

If not, it is safe to ignore and delete the message you received.