Unable to get internet connection. Dell computer with

Unable to get internet...

Unable to get internet connection

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Dell computer with Microsoft Windows xp

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have?

2400 series

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Last couple days.called my provider and they gave me your number

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Do you need the service tag number

3/26/2018
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

Are you currently connected to your home network?

Samuel NetEngineer

Are you also connected to your home network on the Dell computer with Windows XP?

is anyone there?

Okay, so your Dell machine is connected to the wifi, but still doesn't have internet?

Correct

So the issue is with your internet service, not with the machine?

My service told me to call Microsoft

What is the make and model of your router and what lights are displayed on the front of the device?

This will take awhile

That is fine, I'll be here.

Cisco Pinsky e1200 wireless-n300 three greeen lights
That’s linksys

Okay, one moment please.

Are the lights on the back of the device?

Ok

Do you have other devices connected to the same router that are working?

A tablet and an iPhone

Okay, if they are connected to the network and have an internet connection, the problem is not the internet.

Are you sure your computer is connected to the same Wifi network?

Could you double check by going to the bottom right of the screen and clicking the network icon?

There’s no network icon in the bottom right of the screen

It should be shaped like a computer monitor with wifi signals coming off of it.

Not there

Method 1: Let Windows automatically detect and install network adapters

Windows can automatically detect and install the correct network adapters for you. It will also correct any corrupted registry entries on the network adapter.

To direct Windows to automatically detect and install network adapters for you, follow these steps:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
  2. Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
  3. To see a list of installed network adapters, expand Network adapter(s). Click to locate the network adapter, and then click Uninstall.
  4. Restart the computer, and then let the system automatically detect and install the network adapter drivers.

Check to see whether your networking icons appear.

Got as far as network adapters and could not locate to uninstall

Is there any drivers under the Network adapters tab?

What happen to remote assistance?

I won't be able to connect to the machine if it isn't connected to the internet.

You will not be charged for the remote service.

This is going nowheres
Are you done

I am attempting to help resolve your issue, I can not remotely connect as the machine is not connected to the internet.

Are there any drivers under the Network adapters tab?

Good bye

Sorry we weren't able to resolve the issue!
I hope you have a wonderful day!