I bought TurboTax, but the disc is too big for my disc

Customer Question
I bought TurboTax, but...

I bought TurboTax, but the disc is too big for my disc drive. Can I download it from the internet?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

It is a Dell laptop.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Dell?

It says "Inspiron 15 5000 Series".

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

I mostly do emails on my computer. I haven't installed updates.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to know how to start doing my taxes. I think that I need to return the Turbotax that I bought and download it from the internet.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. CD drives are generally the same size so it should fir. While smaller CDs so exist there are not larger ones.

Make sure your drive is full ejected and line up the open hole of the CD above the center piece of the drive and push it down it should snap into place and then you can close the drive.

The drive on that model of dell is standard it should have no problem with any CD or DVD, but sometimes you do need to pull the drive tray out a bit after pressing eject. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I don't see a disc drive on the laptop.

It is on the side, you should see an eject button on the right side.

Were you able to find that?

There is no disc drive on my laptop. I'm going to try to download TurboTax from the internet. You didn't help me, and I want the money to be refunded to my credit card.

My apologies, the model of dell you told me you have does have a CD/DVD drive, perhaps the model was incorrect. You can use turbo tax on their website without having to download anything. Have a look at this and see if it meets your needs: https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/ the CD downloads are located here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

If you would still like your money back be sure to send an email at***@******.*** or reply back and I will let customer service know that is what you would like to to do.

Thank you.

My son is a computer technician and he got me this computer and it does not have a disc drive.