Can't sign in to microsoft account with & Can't sing in to…

Customer Question
Can't sign in to...

Can't sign in to microsoft account with***@******.*** &

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Can't sing in to miccrosoftaccount with***@******.*** and pw mdlmmdlm2426 in orderr to use microsft word

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

Just now, first time

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That should do it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/26/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Domijones Manalo, System Administrator replied 3 months ago
Domijones Manalo
Domijones Manalo, System Administrator

Hi!

Thank you for your question. I am Domijones and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Are you able to login at the link below but not using the MS Word application?

https://login.live.com/

I believe they have this new security feature wherein you need to authenticate the application that you would like to link your Microsoft account with. They call this as App passwords. I had this same issue where I have configured MS Outlook so it will receive emails from my Microsoft/Live account.

To be able to set this up, login to the link below,

https://login.live.com/

-Once logged in, click Security

-Under Update your security info, click UPDATE INFO>

-Then look for the questionnaire, "Security info up to date? Explore more options to keep your account secure."

-Click more options

-Then the page will direct you to Additional security options

-Look for App passwords

-Finally you can set up the Identity verification apps, if you will login your MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc), and link it to your Microsoft account.

It will generate a random code and you will use that code for those MS Office application.

Thank you.
Domijones

Correction:

-Finally you can Create a new app password, and use it for your MS Office application such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint.