I think I might have been hacked last week. An alert came…

I think I might...

I think I might have been hacked last week. An alert came up , froze my computer...Security Alert. Call 1-***-***-**** for support. I did so. They did some things to my computer. They want a payment of $194.00 today. They also had me go into my online banking and also try to pay with my bank card (which is now canelled)..

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

HP laptop, personal PC and Kindle Fire 7

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?

Windows 7, E2 Vision

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes..did it iyself. Network Security, Adware Remove and computer help line

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

And W..something to do thin

3/26/2018
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

I am very sorry to hear that you were scammed. I am glad to hear that you took the first step, which was to contact your bank and have them block any payment to them as well as change your credit card number.

As it stands, are you able to log into your computer at all?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
it is not locked
"they" worked on it for about 2 hours.. Said they were Micosoft support from the states. Want pament of $193.00 today.

They are most definitely not with Microsoft Support. That "security alert" was sent from a website that you were on. It was a simple website posing as a security alert with the goal of fooling people into calling the number.

You may wish to contact the local authorities and report the crime of fraud and attempted fraud. What they did and what they are doing is fraud.

If you want me to remotely connect and verify that they didn't install any programs that will allow them to reconnect, please let me know.

Is there anything else that I can help with?

Thank you,

Jason

Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Have other people have this happen to them.. An Security Alert message came up on my screen..freezing it. Call this number now. Did an order online with Amazon, finished it then went directly to online banking to pay it. This was when the message came up. It was `saying `it, with sirens going. They said they were Mircosoft Support. Got baking info. off me, which I cacelled right away. They were working on my computer for about 2 hours. Could see them doing things. They also wanted to know if I wanted an extended waranty for additional money. Could get 1yr, 2yr or lifetime (senior ). They said i had network worm.

This is a very commonly ran scam.

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 53
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

After you download the remote application, you must open it and allow it to run. Please, do that. Thank you.

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Jason Jones, Computer Expert