Last week I used my Canon MG3550 as a Scanner with Winows…

Last week I used...

Last week I used my Canon MG3550 as a Scanner with Winows San now the Windows Scan says there is no Scanner Connected??

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

NO the MG3550 haws no facilities for messages!"

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never done that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/26/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I did not get any answer from you. My PC closed down. I assume that I will get a refund of the £38.00 and I have no further commitment to Just Answer. Please confirm

Hi there

I sent an answer to you within 1 minute of your message, again it was

Let me know the results please

OK then, however I cured the problem (disconnecting and reconnecting the printer did not cure the problem). The £38.00 has been paid and please conform that I have no further committment to Just Answer

Yes that is correct, it is a one time free

And thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hi RichardThanks for your answer. In fact the problem was that the USB connector on the PC had become disconnected and until I moved the PC to look at the back I did not spot the problem!! If I had taken notice of the message from the Printer I would have seen the problem, SILLY ME! By the way you said "one time free" I assume you meany ONE TIME FEE?? I dare say that if we had stayed connected you would have spotted the problem! Thanks.

yes one time fee, nothing further.

thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Computer Specialist