I have a Dell Inspiron 22model series 3263i have been sick…

Hi I'm John I...

Hi I'm John I have a Dell Inspiron 22model series 3263i have been sick flu cold anyhow haven't been able to use to sicki turned it on I get a screen saver

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Microsoft it won't let .e bring up the screen lock and I have a new wireless seemed to have missed placed original one so I have to the touch screen

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

Can't unlock screen saver, have unplugged trying to reboot that's it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of at moment

3/26/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please disconnect the power cable then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Connect the power cable, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Thank you

I'm back at same screen saver and can't do anything

Connect the keyboard to a different USB port on the computer please and then tell me if the keyboard then responds.

Like I said I have a new wireless device that has not been programed in yet but I can try unplugging and changeing the port

You will first need to use a USB keyboard to sign in, then you can connect this new wireless device.

All I have is the wireless keyboard and mouse I HV no wire type

ok.. have you replaced the batteries in the wireless keyboard?

No on keyboard and mouse
I don't have original device either that's why I HV new one

Ok, if No then please replace the batteries in the keyboard and tell me how it then functions please

Richard, Computer Specialist
Same thing

Can you connect the receiver into a different USB port on the computer

Tell me if it then functions please

I can put wireless device in different plort would you like me to do that

yes

Same thing the numlock lites on keyboard don't like up when u turn keyboard on an off

Ok, looks like you have a faulty keyboard else the light would show.

To confirm, do you a have another computer there to test with?

Sorry no

ok, if you are sure the batteries are ok, then it is pointing to a faulty keyboard if the numlock is not showing at all, it means it is getting no power.

You will need to replace the keyboard sorry to get this working again

I bought the extra extended warranty I bought it at office Depot is it gonna be covered under warranty should I take back to them

Yes it will, if the warranty is still valid it will be replaced under it.

if warranty is still good which it is I can exchangeat office Depot tomorrow???

yes

If they have problem do I tell them about our session and HV them contact you

You can but once they see it not working they will replace it

Ok thank u