My windows7 wont move out of 35% onmy "configuring updates.

Customer Question
My windows7 wont move...

My windows7 wont move out of 35% onmy "configuring updates. cant do anything

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell inspiron what is the OS and where do i find it?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

I did a complete shut down about an hour ago, said 100% complete but wouldnt get off the screen, so i shut it down and restarted it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/26/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
Ugo A
Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer

Good evening,

My name is Ugo.

I think you should perform a system restore on your computer while in safe mode.

1) once you restart your computer hit F8 (prior to windows sign appearing)

2) choose "safe mode with networking"

3) login to your desktop and search for system restore options Or...

4) visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17101/windows-7-system-recovery-options , scroll down and click the "To open the System Recovery Options menu on your computer" option

And since Windows 7 patches are no longer supported my Microsoft. I would suggest stopping all future updates from Windows 7 and double checking that you have a good Antivirus software installed.

Please let me know if my advice solves your issue or not. Thanks.