Have been scammed 2x called 1-800-642-7676 on 4/23 was given…

Customer Question
Have been scammed 2x...

Have been scammed 2x called 1-***-***-**** on 4/23 was given a case#1420161979 by Aldrin CVG_MEG_ALMEN have been trying to talk with tech support..No answer Do not know who to trust. HELP!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Gateway All-in-one Thinking I will try calling again on Monday. Would Windows 8.1 be the OS? Am in my 70s and do better talking with a person

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Since 3/7. Did find logmein installed in my programslast night & deleted it. I think they left there and could have been spying???

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update LogMeIn?

I did not have it . i thought they had disconnected it on 3/7.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your LogMeIn?

As I said I didnot have logmein ...usually. THATis why I uninstalled it last night

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

Logmein is a common remote assistance program and you would need to give permission for them to re-enter your computer. But they most likely left it on your machine in case you contacted them for help again.

If you've paid money to them there's a chance you can get that money back by going through your bank.

So you called the number twice and paid them both times?

Are you still with me? You can reply back via the box below.

No. I am going to call Microsoft Monday.

Okay, good luck with it.