For the last couple of weeks i am have trouble downloading…

Customer Question
Hi - for the...

Hi - for the last couple of weeks i am have trouble downloading PDFs from my yahoo Email to my home screen

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my PC I go to my Yahoo Email account

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None really, im 67 and not that savvy so dont really know where to start

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Computer
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 29 days ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue. Please ignore the computer generated Premium services offers, they are not from me!

If you double click the PDF, does it not open or does it do nothing at all?

It should open a separate window containing the file. Are you sure it is not on your taskbar?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It opens and when i ask it to download it starts the process but then just stops
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 29 days ago

Would you like me to remote in and take a look? it would be easier to see it

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No - just want some advice on what to do
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 29 days ago

Ok doing this blind is going to take time, please be patient

What version of windows are you running?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Windows 10
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 29 days ago

Thanks, ***** ***** Adobe reader, then install it fully. HERE

When that is done... try to open a pdf again

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 29 days ago

Make sure you uncheck both items in the middle column for optional offers

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Already have Adobe Reader Installed
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 29 days ago

Ok good....

When was the last time you restarted your computer?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Restart every day
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 29 days ago

Ok im going to let somebody else take over....I have no choice. I need to see this issue to fix it

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
When i ask it to download it shows message at bottom "waiting for di-mail.ymail.com" for a few seconds then message disappears
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 29 days ago

I have a sneaky suspicion your antivirus is to blame.

Can you go to its settings and see if you can find an email attachment section?

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 29 days ago

In most cases you can go to your task bar and look at the running program via the little arrow...

Right click the icon for you antivirus and select to open it or go to settings if you are able to

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 29 days ago

I am pretty sure your antivirus is blocking your attachments from coming through.

Again thanks for your patience, this is hard to do without seeing it...

Especially when it comes to antivirus settings I cant see... Hopefully you will be able to locate the settings

Even if you turn your antivirus OFF for just a moment to test this theory it would at least tell us this is fact

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Mate - cant even find where to turn my AVG off - have got the F.. shits and am going for a walk. Im bloody over Computers, they do my f.... head in!
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 29 days ago
Hahahaha I know what you mean. They aren’t as straight forward as we would like them to be for sure.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 29 days ago
I really appreciate that response. It is possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on this site hands down..
Michael T
Michael T
Michael T