I received a message that my computer was in danger of being…

Customer Question
I received a message...

I received a message that my computer was in danger of being hacked. I was to call a number to help fix the problem but as I was talking to the tech the phone was disconnected and I do not have the number I was calling

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Samsung android

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Samsung phone? What have you tried so far?

I have had the phone over three years. I do not understand "tried so far"

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a computer problem not a smart phone problem

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 3 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

do not call them its a scam

I did call them, even though the computer told me not to reboot or turn off the computer the tech told me to turn off the computer and then I was disconnected and I did not make note of the phone number I was calling

its fine to power it off/on if you get that message

I have to go to an appointment now can we do this later

yes

I will be back by about 9pm. Is this OK

yes

I am on the Internet my email account but I CANNOT bring your email up it just shows "loading "

looks like payment failed