I had to replace my desktop and now have a laptop without a…

I had to replace...

I had to replace my desktop and now have a laptop without a disc drive.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

I bought Turbotax Deluxe from Amazon and can't upload my disc. Can I unload online instead?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have an HP Envy

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

HP Envy X360

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Right now I'm fighting off all the pop-ups trying to sell me something.

Yes, you can download from web, just close pop ups

UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Thank you, ***** ***** your request for Secure Remote Assistance, you will need to download remote connection software and run it so we can connect..
Here are instructions:
Please use link below to start download, then Save, and Open or Run downloaded file, and accept the connection request
LINK --> https://www.898.tv/uranweb

Okay what is next?

run the software in the link so we can connect

It appears to be open on my laptop.

so you see TeamViewer box with ID and password *****?

No, I see a Cortana box that pops up. All I want is to download the same version of Turbo Tax that I already bought. Why do you have to access my computer to send me a link for that?

I dont need to have access to your PC, you requested it and I ccepted it.

You can visit Intuit website, sign in/sign up , provide your license and download the software.

here is the link : https://accounts-tax.intuit.com/turbotaxdesktop/signin?return_url=download

Do I give them the number on the back of the software package that I already bought, or do I have to buy the software all over again?

you give them number hat you already have

*that

Thank you I will try this.

sure, you are welcome