My folks changed internet providers and now I cannot get the…

My folks changed internet providers...
My folks changed internet providers and now I cannot get the HP OfficeJet 4650 to print. It says it's not connected. I'm on an HP desktop computer. Bothe computer and printer are just a little over a year old.
3/25/2018
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question. All I ask in return is that you please give me a 5 star excellent rating.

OK no problem. Do I need to repeat my issue or do you have it?
Robert can you just tell me where to find the printer settings so I can see if they need to be updated?

when you switched providers they gave you a new router

the printer is no longer connected to the network because it has to be connected to the new router

you need to do the same thing you did when you originally installed it

1. Turn on the printer if it is not already on.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

The Wireless screen displays.

3. Touch the Settings icon .

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

once it is on the wifi network

go to the devices and printers or printers and scanners folder on the computer

remove the printer

then click add printer button

it will scan for and find the printer

just click next next next

and it will reinstall and work

let me know if that works for you. but yes the printer settings need to be changed. basically the one that says what wifi router to use and the passkey

It keeps telling me my password ***** ***** Is it case sensitive? If so I see no caps button

yes that would be the same wifi passkey that you use for any device to connect to it and it IS case sensitive

hold on and i will try to find out how to switch to caps

this is going to take me about 20 minutes but i will get b ack to you

usually there is a button there somewhere

I got the CAP (duh) and now it's connected
Ive got it working thank you ☆☆☆☆☆

you are very welcome

i would really appreciate if if you could find where it has the stars to rate me officially

thank you

Robert M., Consultant
I was able to rate you 5 star officially...can you answer me one last question...im on my dads pc and it looks like adobe wants me to sign up @ $14.99 month to convert docs to pdf in order to print. Is this true?

it is true but not necessary

you can print the docs not as pdf

YOU DONT NEED IT UNLESS YOU WANT PDF

they will print anyway from the program that made them

Thank you and may your life always be blessed! Us non computer folks desperately need you!

thats great. thank you for the rating

come back any time and ask for me :)

Will do!

:)