I am trying to include my "me.com" email address in my

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to include my "me.com" email address in my outlook. My computer crashed a while back and I lost it. Now it seems as if I don't have the correct pass word for setting up the account in Outlook. What do I do to get or reset the correct password ***** that I can down load my email from my Apple 7 to my Outlook?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Outlook account on any other devices?

Outlook only on my PC not the cell phone.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes, I believe so but don't know how to get to them

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Since your me.com and Apple ID most likely use the same password ***** the following to reset the password:

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow the rest of the steps as prompted.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

I did as you suggested. I still cannot install and receive messages in my outlook file. What next. Oh, by the way. I noticed was charged $36 from you guys. When I submitted this question with my card info it said that I would only be charged $5. What's up with that?

Regarding the charges, click the Just Answer customer service link on the screen above this text box - the customer service team will be able to help you as I do not have visibility into the charges.

Regarding your email and Outlook, since your computer crashed, the issue could be related to corruption of Outlook files. To address the issue first, click the Windows Start button then the Search box and type

cmd

in the Search box then right click on the command prompt icon and click Run as Administrator.

On the command prompt type:

chkdsk c: /f

and press Enter then when prompted to run the scan on reboot press the Y key then press Enter. Then reboot, let it scan and fix errors, and boot up.

Then next open Outlook and go to File > Account Settings >Account Settings.

On the Data Files tab, click the data file for the account you are using (for me.com).

Then click Settings and click Compact Now in the window that appears.

Close and reopen Outlook and test. If it does not work let me know if any errors appear.

Again, rest the password. Outlook set up still doesn't work. While my computer crashed, it was completely restored by uninstalling Windows 10 and reinstalling it with the other software. So i don't think the second level steps in Outlook you suggested are necessary. Right? What next?thanks

Just to clarify, was the me.com Outlook account working before the crash and reinstall?

My apologies for the delay.

When you login to your me.com webmail account at the link below using the new password, are you able to login?

click here

but i goes to the Icloud.com site. what does this mean?
I can now login on line to the icloud account. It appears that the "*****@******.*** account is now some sort of Alias.
What should all the settings in Outlook be for this account?

Very good.

Next click the following link and follow the steps to configure your me.com account in Outlook:

click here

Please let me know if you have questions with any of the steps.

Did youy get my last communication yesterday about the continued problem and the possibility of you accessing my screen to deal with the issue?

No, I did not receive that message - however I will forward an offer for remote assistance to you now.

Also, I am in the PDT time zone - so please let me know a best time to start the remote assistance session.