I have Windows 10 and I want to make Internet Explorer my…

Customer Question
Hi, I have Windows...

Hi, I have Windows 10 and I want to make Internet Explorer my engine instead of Edge. How do I do this?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Internet Explorer?

I have no idea.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Internet Explorer?

I need to get into Taxact for my 2016 taxes and they do not accept Edge.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

If you just want to launch Internet Explorer one time to do you taxes, then simply follow these steps:

1. In the lower left corner, type "Explorer" (without the quotation marks) into the search bar.

2. You should then get a search results box that pops up and Internet Explorer should appear at the top. Just click on Internet Explorer to launch it.

If you want to make Internet Explorer your permanent default browser, then do this:

1. Click on the Start button in the lower-left corner, and in the lower-left of the Start Menu click the Settings/Gear icon.

2. Click the Apps icon.

3. On the next screen, click Default Apps on the left-hand side.

4. Scroll down to where it says Web Browser and click on Edge. It will then give you the option to change this to Internet Explorer.

That should do it for you! If you have any other questions, just let me know.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.

Are you still with me? Do you have any other questions on this?

If not, please remember to use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better to end our chat session for today.