When we try to fast forward or fast back, the movement is…

Customer Question
When we try to...

When we try to fast forward or fast back, the movement is way beyond where we stop it. Sometimes it will jump even after we have stopped fast forwardi or reversing it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I am asking about the Comcast TV forward and reverse.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is an Xfinity box

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, the menu works. The only source we are using is xfinity/comcast/cable

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Months. We got a new box and it does the same thing that a previous box did. We got the box from Xfinity about 3 months ago.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/26/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV And xfinity box (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the Xfiniy box and TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you