I've 4 times to receive apple id confirmation number and it…

I've 4 times to...

I've 4 times to receive apple id confirmation number and it won't send to me, any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Just now... it's actually my 82 yr old dads but he wants me to down load games on his phone

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

That i didn't know about i just created new

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Will that send me to mac person, i don't have a mac puter

3/25/2018
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question today. I apologize for the extended wait time you've experienced, I've just received your question. And would like to assist you with your question.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
thanks
.

You can reset your apple password ***** this link https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin You will need to have security questions or a phone linked to this account that can receive text messages

When you go here just say forgot password. and follow the instructions.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have the security questions and the phone. I'm also on a puter, do i use the puter to follow the link?

yes. that way you will have the phone available also to look at the text message

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
it's saying the email is wrong. i just set it up, i know what i typed. just to make sure i tried his old email in case it didn't take and it's still saying it's wrong. is it usually this difficult to navigate?

Are you trying to get into the account you just made? And did you put the phone number in to recover the account

could you give me the email to the old account? and are you able to get into the phone?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
i'm trying to get the confirmation to an account i just set up. the email acct that the phones says it's going to be sending it to is correct, it's just not sending it i guess. where are you talking about the phone number is *****?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
i have the phone right here and i'm talking to you on a puter. there are 2 possibilities for old email accounts***@******.*** and***@******.***

Ok it showing that neither one of those are a apple ID

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
ok then so does that mean I just start over like I haven't done anything yet?

Would you like for me to set up an app. with apple to call you?

can you go into settings on the phone

and at the top tell me if you see an apple ID

I will need a phone number for them to call you.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I think you're saying as soon as i open settings i should see an apple id...correct?

yes

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No there is something there telling to finish setting up my apple id though

Ok thats great.

Can you go thru the set up process or would you like apple to call you?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
yay...that means we're making progress then?

yes means there hasn't been an account linked to the phone

So you can create an account on the website

with your email. you just need to be able to go to the account and verify information

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I've gone through the set process but i guess nothing's been completed, so should i just start over? I've done everything but the confirmation code and that's because it hasn't sent me one. I did the email, password, security questions and the credit card info, then got stopped.

Ok we better set up a call with apple in that case. I will need some information to set up the call

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
basically instead of setting everything up on his phone, do the whole thing on the puter?

first last name email phone number

we'll get a call from apple since you have already put int CC info and all

I have a time blocked off for 4:15 CENTRAL TIME

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Can i just go to the apple website and start over?

Yes you can do it how ever you want. But if you already started . there is just some small change that needs to take place. and apple will be able to assist with that. they have account information

plus you would have to get a new email if you already used this one

should I cancel the call?

Should I cancel the call?

Are you still here? Should I cancel the call?

Did you get the account set up?

Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist

Awesome!! glad the problem was resolved

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
no, I received the confirmation code, input and the computer told it was all good but when I tried it on his phone it still says bad sign in info and there was still no email at the top of the settings page on phone. I’ve left and gone home. I’ll try again another day..... thanx for all you’re help ��
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
just wanted to let you know; I went on the puter and just created new from scratch and received the confirmation code in spam. now all is well. Thanx for all your patience and help.

That is great . Glad it all worked out.

Fran
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist