Can’ t activate seem I don’t remember ID or password. Not…

Customer Question
Can’ t activate seem...

Can’ t activate seem I don’t remember ID or password. Not sure

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Apple laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Apple?

Can’t get past activation

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

It’s a tablet and if I can’t get past ACTIVATION I can’find out

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Happened after my wife gave it to me. Now wrong name Orr password. I set it up it worked fine. Turned one nite, plugged into the wallAC outlet, next morning and sense the activation screen comes up, asks for a name and ID NONE THE PASSWORDS I ALWAYS USE WORK

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Let’s it I guess

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your activation lock. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

First lets change your password:

Lets try the following steps to reset your apple id password, Go to the link below, enter your apple id.

https://iforgot.apple.com/

After entering your apple id, either answer your security questions and reset your password. Or , have an email sent to your email address. Then open your email and click the reset link inside that email to reset your password.

Once you have set a new password. Turn your device off, then back on and try to sign in with the apple id and the new password ***** just set.

THEN:

Activation Lock is tied to the Find my iPhone (or iPad) app on iOS. If you have your iPhone or iPad in your hands, this is the fast way to turn off Activation Lock.

You can also reset your iPhone to erase all content and settings. Do that, and you'll be asked to remove Find my iPhone — and Activation Lock — as part of the process.

Launch Settings from the Home screen.

Tap on iCloud.

Tap Find My iPhone.

Switch Find My iPhone to Off.

Enter your Apple ID password ***** confirm

Tap Turn Off.

You can do this from icloud as well.

Go to iCloud.com on your browser.

Click Find My iPhone on the iCloud website, from any web browser on your Mac or Windows PC.

Sign in to your iCloud account when prompted.

If you're not immediately taken to Find My iPhone, click on Find My iPhone from the Home menu.

Click on All Devices at the top of the Find My iPhone screen.

Click the device you'd like to erase.

Click Erase (device) on the upper right of the screen, beneath the picture of your device.

Click Erase and wait for confirmation that it's been erased.

Click on Remove from Account

Try these methods first and get back to me.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin"