My computer is up and working. but my Iphone is asking for a…

Customer Question
My computer is up...

My computer is up and working. but my Iphone is asking for a password, which I have lost/forgotten. It asks for a gmail address, but won't accetp as legit. my one and only email *****@******.***. How do I get out of this circle.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

No idea!!!! Also don't really know when i set up or actually bought, my Iphone! Help.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

NO. I tried via my Iphne when it asked for my password. Tried what i thought was it, then hit Forgot....etc.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I did receive a google code for my phone, G 918916, which is how i got to you, I think. Other than that, no more info for you.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your email. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

You can go to gmail.com and reset your Google gmail in that manner as you know already.

However, you do have 2 emails with the same @gmail that you listed. If the one you need to reset is for your iPhone,

you have to go to apple to reset this instead of gmail.com. I checked. It is a valid apple id as well.

Lets try the following steps to reset your apple id password, Go to the link below, enter your apple id.

https://iforgot.apple.com/
Put in your gmail address the way you spelled it to me.
After entering your apple id, either answer your security questions and reset your password. Or , have an email sent to your email address. Then open your email and click the reset link inside that email to reset your password.

Once you have set a new password. Turn your device off, then back on and try to sign in with the apple id and the new password ***** just set.
If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I'm not sure i understand what the screen is showing me.....are you asking me to repeat the problem, or are you actually offeriing, n the next box, to securely connect and fix it? do you understand it's only the Iphone that won't give me email, not my desktop computer?

That is an automated remote for call or computer to computer. It is optional. Its for people who need a little more hands on troubleshooting. Ignore if you just want written.

If you follow the instructions i sent you,

you should be able to reset that apple id/email for your iphone if that is the one that is listed on that phone.

Were you able to reset?