Mac purchased Jan 2015; 1/30/18 bought HP printer; .com

Customer Question
Mac purchased Jan 2015...

Mac purchased Jan 2015; 1/30/18 bought HP printer; Hughes.com installed new wi-fi in Feb, now printer will not connect. HP wants to charge me $199 or $299 for year service...saying my computer software is outdated, virus ridden, etc. I just want the printer to work. Have not had problems with computer. Is this a scam? Do I have to have them redo all my software? Don't know who to ask? Supposedly my software is good til end of 2018. Then would had to purchase new package.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your HP printer: wirelessly or by USB?

I have the printer connected by usb to my mac.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

When it was in stalled in Feb., not since the Hughes people put in the new wi-fi; it printed yesterday but not today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Think that covers it oh I did use the free Malware to check my machine and it was okay

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

You just have to setup wireless again on your printer, reset the printing system on your computer and add the printer. That is it.

May I know the exact model number of your printer?

Thank you.

Customer/p>