My dell latitude 5285 2in 1 tablet computer wont switch on…

My dell latitude 5285 2in...
My dell latitude 5285 2in 1 tablet computer wont switch on even after charging the battery and being connected to power.Any suggestions
Black screen, white led on by power button, caps lock light not responding when pressing it
3/25/2018
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

If you are sure the battery was charging, then the power supplied to it is in working order.

If the CapsLock status light does not respond, then you don't have a functioning CPU, not booted up anyway. I'm sorry to say that: the Latitude might be a total loss (since a dead CPU is an expensive enough replacement, often, that replacing the whole thing might be considered preferable.)

Hold down the Power button until it obviously switches Off.

Unplug from power. Remove battery if it is removable. Leave for overnight.

Try again the next morning: first on battery-only, then if nothing that way, on AC Adapter also. Note whether the screen flashes at first, whether the DELL logo appears, and if it does, how much farther does the process get. (If the DELL logo appears at first, then the screen turns black, with no message, you might have a defective hard drive, and might try turning it Off, then booting it up on a bootable CD or bootable flash drive.)

Let me know how it goes, by Reply To Expert... I will advise you further as needed.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Thanks. Seems like on/off button is dead.