Microsoft 10 was running my Quicken 2009 version fine until…

Microsoft 10 was running...

Microsoft 10 was running my Quicken 2009 version fine until a Microsoft update 2 days ago. Now all I get is a blank screen with message Quicken not responding

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Not sure what, but its a Dell bought 2-3 years ago after which I downloaded Microsoft 10.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Quicken software?

Don't remember receiving an update to the 2009 version, which was downloaded.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm no computer expert so do not update things often. Could the Microsoft 10 update of 2 days ago have blocked my Quicken?

I found the Quicken install CD. Don't know if I reinstall it will put 2 versions on the computer and don't know if a re-install will fix my problem.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/25/2018
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question. All I ask in return is that you please give me a 5 star excellent rating.

the 2009 version is no longer supported. so if it has an issue with a windows 10 update, they wont fix it.

i would try doing a system restore to before the problem and see if that fixes it. if it was the update that would fix the problem. at least temporarily. at some point you will probably need to upgrade the 2009 quicken. They only support them for 3 years. after that if it stops working its too bad. they dont care. the newer ones flat out stop working on purpose after 3 years.

System restore instructions - windows 7 8 10

hold the windows logo key and hit R
in the box that appears type

rstrui.exe

hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settings box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.

Robert M., Consultant
Where is IT (keyboard, a screen - if so where is this screen, and what does it look like, the WINDOW LOGO KEY???
Robert, if I've paid for a phone help, call me at: (###) ###-####

it is a key on the keyboard that looks like the windows logo

i can call you in about half an hour to an hour as i have a few in front of you