My Outlook folders have disappeared. I don't know. View How…

My Outlook folders have...

My Outlook folders have disappeared

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Outlook?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Outlook?

View How do I update?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I do not have a mac computer I did not realize I chose that?
3/25/2018
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

This is actually a know bug in the Microsoft office suite at the moment. Microsoft recommends running an update on your Office program to resolve this glitch.

These steps should make the folders viable again:
In Outlook, on the top toolbar click on View / Folder Pane and check “Normal.

This should make the folders viable again. But, once you restart outlook they may disappear.

To check for Office updates which should fully resolve this:
Click File | Office Account then on the right side select Office Updates and then you may need to select an option that says "Update Now"

After these updates install please reboot the computer and check to see if the folders are staying now.

Please let me know if this works for you, or if we need to continue troubleshooting the issue.

Thank you,

Jamie

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I can not find the View und View/Folder Panel nor the Office Update under File/Office Account. Did you get my note that I do not have a MAC

Yes, I did thank you. Can you verify for me what version of Outlook you are running?

These are instructions for the latest outlook version (Office 2016)
You should be able to find that info under File | Office Account

-Jamie

Of under File | Help on an older version of Office.

-Jamie

If it is easier for you, we can start a remote session and I can take a look at the program with you. Let me know if you would like to do that.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
2012

Sorry, but Microsoft did not make a 2012 version of Office/Outlook.
They made 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016.
Is there any way you can attach a picture or screenshot of what you see when you hit File on your office program?

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok so it must be a 2010 I just went by what it says when I open it. Live mail 2013
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
When you say office program do you mean my Microsoft Office, not Outlook?

Microsoft Office includes Outlook. Microsoft Office is the name of the suite that includes (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.)
I see, it sounds like you are using the Windows Live Mail 2013 program, which is separate from outlook.

Give these steps a try in Live mail:

Open Windows Live Mail. Click on View in the taskbar. Click on Compact View. Doing so will collapse all of the Windows Live Mail folders listed and a green sign in the shape of a plus will appear under them.

Click on the green plus. As soon as you do so, a dialog box that lists ALL of the Windows Live Mail folders on your computer – including the ones that you have lost – will appear.

Simply check each of the lost folders that you want to restore by clicking on the checkbox beside them, and then click on OK. Once done, click on View and then click on Compact View.

As soon as you click on Compact View the second time, all the email folders that you thought you had lost should appear exactly where they should be.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok that worked. Is it updated to most current or is that why they disappeared because it updated?

Perfect, glad that worked. Live mail is a bit different, it usually does its updates when Windows updates as well. So an update most likely caused the folders to move around. You should be all set now.
If an update touches things in the future, this fix should continue to work for you as well.

Let me know if you need anything else.

-Jamie

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance,please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank You,
-Jamie

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Live Mail has been double deleting email. For instance I click on an email I want to delete and it take the next one after too. Most of the time.

Is it still doing that today after the recent updates?

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I just checked that. While I had you on the line
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It started about a week ago and only recently, like on Friday, did my folders disappear

Ok, give me a moment, I am going to take a look at some release notes on their updates and see what I can find about that issue.

-Jamie

Looks like this is also quite common.

What I would suggest is running a "repair" on Live mail.

To do this try these steps:

Click Start, and type Control Panel
1. Once Control Panel opens.
2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a Program.
3. Locate Windows Live Essential 2011, then click Uninstall/Change.
4. When a window appears, select Repair all Windows Live programs.
5. Restart your computer after the repair.

Just be sure to click Repair, and not Uninstall, since this is the location where you can perform both tasks.

Let me know your results, or if you run into any hold ups.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok, can I ask a quick question regarding my mouse on my Dell Inspiron ? When I am typing and my left thumb goes over the mouse, my "pointer" moves. Is that a certain point to shut off so it does not recognize that, I always attach thru USB a mouse so I do not use the one on the computer?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I meant key on keyboard to shut that feature off

Sure, what operating system are you using? is it Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7?

I don't know if there will be a keyboard shortcut, but there is a setting that you can turn on and off to disable the touch-pad. I do that too, since it gets annoying when typing on the laptops.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It came with windows 7 but I am for sure but I believe I updated to windows 10
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Computer is currently repairing windows essential program

Ok, then give this a try. You can probably do this while that is repairing this wont interfere with that.

I am going to give you this link to follow since it has a nice steps by step for each operating system. Plus, it shows options for each Dell laptop.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln114937/disabling-or-enabling-the-touchpad-on-a-dell-notebook?lang=en

Let me know if you have any issues or question on steps included.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Repair failed. Trying again. Previous error 0x800c0006. Source. Watson-c64

If this second attempt fails, you may want to leave it where it is at. Microsoft stopped support for Live mail, and they dont actually recommend it with Windows 10 according to what I am finding on their database under that error code.

I am wondering if the touchpad is interfering with the deleting process by chance? Were you able to disable that touchpad?

-Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Failed again. Will not mess with anymore. Have not disabled touchpad yet since repair was not working
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
thank you so much for your help it was definitely appreciated and accurate. have a nice day. I will follow link to discover the touch pad thing thank you

Sounds like a good plan. Go ahead and attepmp the touchpad setting change and then lets see if you have any progress with the double deleting issue.
If not it may be worth looking into purchasing outlook. It is a good program and reliable. Also is supported and made for Win 10.

https://products.office.com/en-us/office-365-home

Thank you, ***** ***** with everything else. Have a great day as well.

-Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer