I have uploaded pictures from my cell phone to my Windows 7…

I have uploaded pictures...

I have uploaded pictures from my cell phone to my Windows 7 PC. They come out in an HEIC format which I have not figured out how to open.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your smartphone?

Apple 8

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple phone? What have you tried so far?

Just discovered it this morning. Did some internet research on HEIC, and discovered it is a relatively new apple program

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

If it requires a conversion download, I would like to have a Microsoft recommendation.

3/25/2018
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hello there you can use an app to convert the files such as this click me or set your phone to transfer the files to a compatible format via a setting before transferring click me or upload the files to a cloud converter which I don't recommend for privacy sake.

Lastly, please make sure you set the phone to back up your files to icloud.

hongkongpom