I can’t get in my yahoo account an I don’t have my old phone…

Customer Question
I can’t get in...

I can’t get in my yahoo account an I don’t have my old phone number anymore an I need to get into my account

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

I think i am but I don’t have that device anymore

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I need to get into my account I have a lot of important emails I need in there

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Computer
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 25 days ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer email question.

If you have linked your Yahoo! mail account to another email, as a 'recovery email', then you can recover the password ***** working through that second email account.

If you have not done that, then if you were logged in anywhere to your Yahoo! email account still, you might have some hope of recovering your Yahoo account and access to it... but otherwise, I'm sorry to say that, without that phone # and with no recovery email or second email linked to in your Yahoo email account, you may not be able to get the Yahoo account back again.

Would you like to go through the password ***** process once, at least, on the off change the recovery email will arrive in a second email account of yours?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I need u to help me please u can’t set it up to I can set a new password ***** have a Facebook account on there an I use da password ***** it’s still not letting me in
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
If u remotely connect will u be able to set it up where I can set a new password ***** get in my account

No, I don't think that a remote connection would help, really.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I would like for you to do that please password *****
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No I don’t want you to remote assistance I press that button by mistake

OK, understood: Your request for Secure Remote Assistance was inadvertent and you don't actually want that service. Thank you for making that clear.

As for recovery procedure for a Yahoo! Mail account, here are instructions:

To recover your Yahoo! Mail password, you will need to proceed patiently and deliberately, to succeed.

First, bring up the

https://mail.yahoo.com

web page. (On your phone if it has web page service, on a computer with internet if it does not, will do.)

Enter your username/email in full, as Username, then enter your guess at your password (it can be anything really, but try your regular password.) Try to log in that way, once... if it is rejected:

Then you click on the 'Forgot your password?' or 'Reset your password' link that will appear.

Follow through the process, carefully - you may be asked security questions, which you must answer accurately and exactly as you spelled them when you registered them in your Yahoo! Mail account previously to this, possibly a long while ago.

That should go through, and a reset link or a temporary password ***** be either texted, or emailed, to your phone (or to an alternate email account perhaps, if you registered one.) Check your text messages AND your email, and see if that comes in. Then use it at once, but not in a hot haste, and if it somehow doesn't work the first time, try a second time, slowly and deliberately. And be sure to follow all directions in the email or text message containing the temporary password ***** reset link.

Russell H., Computer Systems Expert