I can not connect to Skype even though I have an account.If…

Customer Question
Hi- I can not...

Hi- I can not connect to Skype even though I have an account.If I click to open Skype I get a prompt to open Skype software sarl. If I click no it does not openSkype. If I click yes it initializes the program,does nothing then asks again to make the changes.The last time I clicked to update it wiped out my Skype account along with all my contacts.How do I get to Skype so that I can use it?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Skype?

Probably a few weeks I think

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

The only thing I did was to reset my computer to an earlier date.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not know if I may have clicked anything by mistake.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 3 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question. All I ask in return is that you please give me a 5 star excellent rating.

is this on a computer or some other device and what is the exact word for word message you are getting?

it sounds like it wants to update the skype but maybe something is blocking it.

Ok,you help fix it I'll give a 5 star rating

is it on a computer or a phone or what? if a computer is it a mac or a windows computer if a phone iphone or android ?

try downloading and installing the skype again from this page

https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/