I purchased a Vodafone E8 smartphone a bit over a week ago…

Customer Question
I purchased a Vodafone...

I purchased a Vodafone E8 smartphone a bit over a week ago it ran out of charge. I put it on charge and when I turn it on it will not go any further then Vodafone icon. I really need some help please

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It is a Vodafone smart E8 4G, prepaid

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

This is the first time. I rang Vodafone but I couldn't understand them they suggested I take the battery out then put it back in. When this didn't work they also suggested holding the volume button and the on/off button down together. But this also didn't work. I purchased this phone a bit over a week ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

There was a couple of times when a msg came on to the screen saying something about the phone locking itself, but I didn't think that would happen.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Is your model of phone a smart V8 or Smart N8 ?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)