Since updating System 7 many months ago, I have been locked…

Customer Question
Since updating System 7...

Since updating System 7 many months ago, I have been locked out from Yahoo mail (What I thought was my password *****'t work.). Yahoo's remedies for this situation do not work except Yahoo does say that access may be possible using the contact list, but Yahoo does not explain how and there's no way to contact Yahoo directly. Soon my account will be closed and I shall have lost everything. Do you have a solution?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No. And I do not use a cell phone of any kind. The address of my secondary email account, an alumni association, has been changed, so that doesn't work either.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

My normal ATT phone number doesn't work. Presumably Yahoo has security questions on file, but Yahoo has never posed those to me, if they exist. It was many, many years ago when I first registered my account.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

As I said, I have exhausted all Yahoo remedies except the contacts option which Yahoo does not explain.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 3 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com , my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Sure, you can restore access to your email account easily if you have set your recovery phone and email address (prior to the login issue) and you still have that phone number or access to the backup email address.
Remember, it is not always possible to recover an account, especially if recovery information is outdated or or not set prior to the issue.
Have you tried yet going via account recovery procedure? https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username

Here is the note from Yahoo:

"When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address."

"To protect the security of your account, if you weren't successful with Yahoo Sign-in Helper or with the other options above, you likely won't be able to recover your account. If you remember your sign-in information later, you can come back and try again."

Link to above notes here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2051.html

I wonder if you read what I wrote. I have already established that Yahoo's remedies (aside from contacts option Yahoo only alludes to without explanation) do not work. Your response is not satisfactory.

This is yahoo account and can only be resolved with Yahoo directly. if you cannot do that - opening a new account would be a good idea

My response is correct and simple to follow if you have all needed information at hand. If you cant prove your account ownership - as Yahoo said - try later or you wont get access.

It doesn't seem you can help me. I do not want to pursue this further right now. Thanks for your opinion.

Sorry, it was not an opinion. I gave you a fact with link to Yahoo page that says the same. Good luck in your search.

Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there

Would you like any further assistance with this?

Please let me know