I can not down load books on my Kindle that I have purchased…

Customer Question
I can not down...

I can not down load books on my Kindle that I have purchased and I am connected to the internet. I just keep going from X in the corner to a check mark to a clear picture of the book? Happens all the time! Help!

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes I can bring some of the books up but not the new ones.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.
Still getting the X in the corner after a reboot.
Will also get a check mark, but book will not come on the screen.
No thank you. Not tonight.
  1. Visit the Manage Your Kindle page on Amazon.com on your computer.
  2. Log into the Amazon.com account you used to purchase the book you wish to download.
  3. Scroll down to the "Your Orders" section and verify that the book you wish to download appears in the list.
  4. Scroll to the "Your Registered Devices" section and locate your webOS device in the list.
  5. If your book appears but the device does not appear, register your Kindle App to the account you logged into to visit Manage Your Kindle.
  6. If either the book or device do not appear, you may have bought the book using a different Amazon.com account.

did that work for you?