My laptop had the message that I needed to upgrade

Customer Question
My laptop had the...

My laptop had the message that I needed to upgrade microsoft, and after it was loaded, it asked me for a pass word for outlook email. I don't know what my password ***** ***** my laptop won't let me open the screen to get into my work. How can I get the password? It won't let me change it because it asks me to insert something into my the port, which I don't know what it is talking about. Now I am sorry that I upgraded your system. How can this be fixed? I am on my desk top computer writing this to you. My HP laptop is useless. Constance Viscoi

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your HP laptop?

Microsoft

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Outlook?

I haven't updated it since I got the laptop. I just did the update on 3/22/2018.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Can I get my lap top to recover before that dat to the way in was before? I have aol email and gmail so i don't need outlook.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

To reset your Microsoft/Outlook password ***** go here: https://account.live.com/password/reset

select, "I forgot my password *****" click Next

Enter your email address and fill in the characters and click Next.

Select a recovery option.

A 7 digit password ***** will be sent to you either via text message, email or phone call depending on

the recovery option you select.

Fill in any required information and click Send Code.

The page will immediately change, asking you for the code. Do not close that page.

Enter the code when you receive it (you will have 10 minutes before the code expires)

and click Next.

You will then be asked to create a new password, entering it twice.

If successful, you will be told your account has been recovered.

You will now be able to sign in to Microsoft.

Let me know the result please.

I can’t do that because it tells me to insert something that I don’t know what it is. I am 80 years old & is not good with computers technology. Cancel this help since I can’t do what you tolde
No.

PLease hold down the power button until you hear the laptop shut off and all the lights go out.

After a few seconds, turn it back on.

When you arrive at the login screen, please tell me the email address that is displayed on the screen.

1Connie1937 .

Thank you. That does not look like an email address.

Is that your user name?

Maybe it’s***@******.***

That sounds correct. Are you able to receive text messages at your phone number ending in 43?

Thank you. May I have the last 4 digits of that number please?

1343

Thank you. A text message was just sent to your phone.

Inside the message is a 7 digit password ***** code.

The code is not a password

Please send me the 7 digit code as soon as you receive it as

they expire after 10 minutes.

I gave you the right am. Express card info. How much are you trying to charge?
I need to go to bed now so please cancel this order because it’s taking too long.

Hi. We were very close to getting this resolved last night. Would you like to continue?

My son has taken my laptop and is fixing my problem with it. Don't need your help.