My tomtom has frozen on the device to computer screen, when…

My tomtom has frozen...

My tomtom has frozen on the device to computer screen, when I hold the button down for 20 seconds it goes to words TomTom 2016 and hardware etc. is there an easy way to fix this?

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Trying to open it without any application, I did have a blank screen where it seemed it wouldn't turn on so I plugged it into my computer which has Windows 10 and now I cannot get rid of the computer to device picture.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it thank you

3/25/2018
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, What is the model of your tomtom device please?

Its a TomTom Go 2016 I think I purchased it new about 18 months ago
Will I get a response soon?

What is exactly the model of your device please? :click here to find the model : http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/~/find-the-model-of-your-navigation-device-and-what-software-it-uses

Thank you

TomTom GO 620 Wi-Fi

Please Charge your device for at least 2 hours before trying to turn it on again. Make sure the charging light on your device is on, then Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds and the device restarts. This can take 30 seconds or more.

Let me know the results

Thank you

If the device does not seem to be turning on, there may be a problem with the power supply, or an internal problem such as the battery, these can both be replaced.

If you have a moment please rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars, If you need further assistance please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help.

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

Thank you

Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
I have charged the battery for over two hours, turned it on, it gives the drum sound but goes direct to the computer - tomtom screen.

Please connect your tomtom device to your computer then click on the following link : http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b781f15a-1ea0-4f3c-9758-46261ac48ad7 and click "I agree" button then a remote file will be downloaded.

Open and run the remote file from your downloads

If you're having trouble with the remote file or the link i sent you, please follow the step by step instructions in the link below :

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898/related/1

Thank you

Sadly the device is still stuck in the same mode

Let me check again, please run the remote file again from this link : http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=418c2dbb-326e-432c-a5f4-57a505bba5a1