My friend's Dell Latitude D630 laptop will not boot and we…

Customer Question
My friend's Dell Latitude...

My friend's Dell Latitude D630 laptop will not boot and we do not have a start up disk.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Latitude?

He says Vista - I know there is no longer tech support but is there anywhere to download a bootable disc?

Technician's Assistant: Does your Latitude make any noise when rebooted? Are any of the LED lights on?

No noise - just message Windows boot configuration data file is missing required information

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure, is there anything else I need to tell the expert

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/24/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Harold Hanna, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, I am sorry for your computer trouble today. You could attempt the Windows 10 boot disc, if you are manually attempting to repair the Windows Vista partition. However, Vista is not supported and is a security risk to still use, so there are not any guaranteed ways to download Vista (or the bootdisk) as all the official ways are no longer accessible.

Then this has been no help to me at all.
How do I cancel this service and get the $47 that they already deducted from my card back.
YOU CANNOT REMOTELY CONNECT TO THE DEVICE THAT WILL NOT BOOT. REALLY, I AM THINKING THIS SITE IS A bit of a rip off