It says offline, but is, please sign in? Windows 10. Toshiba…

Customer Question
It says offline, but...

It says offline, but is, please sign in?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Toshiba lap top

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have?

Where can I find model?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Toshiba? Have you installed any updates recently?

No. I changed password ***** other computer. Internet starts automatically. Have restarted modem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
How long will it take to get answer?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Would like for you to connect to my computer if possible
3/25/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is***** will try my best to help you with this request.

Where in the screen you see the not connected message?

At login when first starts

Are you trying to connect wireless or using ethernet cable?

Wireless
I turned it on with shift key down and did not help either

Can you see the available connections in the wireless bottom in right corner in the screen?

Or you cannot see that icons or the connections?

it shows internet’s connects automatically

Ok as you change the password ***** must be trying to connect with the old password.

What you have to do is to forget the network and set up the wireless connection again.

Do you know how to forget the network?

No

Follow these steps

1. Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
  2. Click Network settings.
  3. Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
  4. Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
  5. Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted.

Then setup up the wireless again with the new password

When I click on it , it show networks
Wi-Fi on, then all surrounding neighborhood. I did disconnect and reconnect.
Tech Support Specialist: Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago

Try right clicking the icon you should see the network setting option

But left click must show the option below the connections found

Same, no same with right or left

Ill upload a picture, of where you can find the option

Mine does not list. It is missing. It only list other surrounding networks

it is possible to connect the computer with a network cable so I can connect to the computer and set up the wireless connection?

Is directly to modem

Ok lets try a remote connection.

Use this link and click I agree, then install the software and I will connect tto your computer

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=35a0915b-f471-49f9-bd77-6753e14ba97f

Ok
I am on my iPhone

The computer is connected directly right?

I connected it to modem

Use the link in the computer and install the software in the computer so I can connect to it

That’s the problem I cannot log in

Forgotten windows password?

Ok there is possible to reset windows 10 password, but you need the windows 10 media to access the recovery options.

Do you have the media?

No but now that I hooked up directly it telling me to go to account live to fix so I’ll try it.

Ok

It still did not work. Going to take to shop. Thanks

Ok, have a nice day

Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

If the login screen of the Toshiba says you're OFFLINE, it means you are not connected to the Wi-Fi.

Click the Wi-Fi icon on the screen to open it up.

You will see your wireless network listed.

Select it and connect to it.

Once it says, "Connected, secured", you know you are connected.

Your password ***** ***** over the internet so you must have an internet connection

or your password ***** fail.

If your Wi-Fi network is missing from the list, unplug the power cord from the router for 60

seconds and plug it back in.

After 2 minutes, check your wi-fi network list again to see if it shows up.