How do I find the Microsoft recovery code. Surface pro

Customer Question
How do I find...

How do I find the Microsoft recovery code

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Surface pro win10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Surface Pro? What have you tried so far?

I have a code recorded but I do not know where I got it. I had to reset my pc and I am wondering if it is still valid

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/24/2018
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Are you trying to reset microsoft account password ***** windows 10 ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

no, i reset my pc 1 week ago and i am wondering if my MICROSOFT ACCOUNT RECOVERY CODE is still valid. i found where it was stored when i got the pc and recorded the code. i now cannot find where it is stored and that is my question - WHERE CAN I FIND IT?

are you looking for BitLocker recovery key ?

no, nothing needs to be fixed. i just want to know where the recovery code is stored.

If you are referring to secure remote assistance message it’s not send by me it’s an automated message from the site and it’s optional so you can ignore and continue in this chat page.

i have the bitlocker key. i think the ACCOUNT RECOVERY KEY is stored in my MICROSOFT ACCOUNT but i cannot find the location. that is my only question - nothing needs to be fixed.

There is no permanent recovery code in microsoft account.The other code they send is temporary security verification code for changing password ***** update security settings.Is that what you meant by recovery code?

i do not think so but i do not know

That is the only microsoft verification code they send and its temporary and not valid after a specific amount of time.

If you are looking for bitlocker key you can use this link to find it : - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=237614

Please check it and let me know.

i do not need the bitlocker key- i already have it. thanks for your help. i am disconnecting.

That is the only permanent key in microsoft.