We have a Canon MB2720 Maxify printer/fax machine. My

Good Morning. We have...

Good Morning. We have a Canon MB2720 Maxify printer/fax machine. My question is does this printer have a reset button. The printer was purchased on January of this year. I'm unable to turn it on. I have checked the power cord & even plugged it in a different outlet to make sure there is power. Help!!!!

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Nothing is working on this printer.

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

Yesterday. It's will not turn on at all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

3/24/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. If you have already tried different power outlets, you can leaving it unplugged for approx. 30 minutes and then trying it again. There is no formal power reset function. Are there any lights on the printer when you try to turn it on?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It will not turn on at all. I will try unplugging it for 30 minutes & see what happens. It is vital I get this on. This is a Doctors office & we need this copper to work now.

Ok, please reply and let me know if it comes back on. Unfortunately, the only other thing you can try is to get another power cord and test with that. Do you have another printer of the same model at the office there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, we do not.

The only option would be to try to purchase another power supply and test. Other than that, you can check the warranty for replacement. Let me know the results and I can provide you with the Canon contact information.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.

You are very welcome.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well Sheri, that did the trick. Unplugging did the trick. Never thought of that. I figured it was the outlet.
Anyway, thanks.

That is great news! You are very welcome. I am glad it's working. Please feel free to request me in the future if you ever need assistance. Please don't forget to accept my answer and rate me if you are satisfied with my response.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Expert
Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert