I am trying to get my Lexmark 7350 printer running again. I…

I am trying to...

I am trying to get my Lexmark 7350 printer running again. I am running Windows 10. At first the laptop did not recognize the printer so I downloaded the driver. Next I put new ink cartridges in and was able to print an alignment page with no problem. I tried to print a document and it just printed a small bar at the top of the page about 1/8" wide. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your 7350?

No. I have had the printer for quite several years.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error messages and I am able to raise the lid.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Which driver did you download?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Expert
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I got it off of the Lexmark web site. It was 10.0.16299.248
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I don't want to pay more money. Forget the remote connect.

OK, I will update the system and cancel the remote so you are not charged for it. One moment please.

I was checking on Lexmark's support site and there is no Windows 10 driver. What operating system did you select when you chose that driver?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I thought it was WIndows 10

Before I have you install an earlier driver in compatibility mode, can you try checking the site you downloaded it from to verify?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Looking at device manager and it shows 2016 driver, which would be the original.....
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I went to the website and it prompts a driver update download. It recognized my operating system is windows 10....

Please provide the link of the site you are on. Is it Lexmark or a driver site?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Are you still there?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
driverupdate.net

That's why. Those driver sites are not that good. Try the following before we go to the next step:

In the search on the bottom, type device manager and select device manager from the list that opens. Click the arrow next to Printers.
Right click on your printer and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.
Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step of downloading a different driver and installing in compatibility mode if needed.
Regards,
Sheri-Expert

Below are the next instructions in case that doesn't work:

Delete the existing printer. Next, power off the printer. Restart the computer.

Click on the link below and select Windows Vista 64 bit from the dropdown menus and download the driver.

Once downloaded, right click on it and go to properties. Click the compatibility tab. Then check the box to run in compatibility mode and select Vista 64 bit from the dropdown, if that is the version you downloaded. Follow the prompts. Test when done and power on the printer when it says to connect it.

Link: http://support.lexmark.com/index?locale=EN&page=product&userlocale=EN&productCode=LEXMARK_X7350#1

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed. I may be a little delayed as I have to go on another remote session now. I will keep checking in for your results.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
It said the best driver is installed
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
When I restarted the computer it detected the printer but said the driver is unavailable and asked to remove the device

Ok, I don't know if you saw this, but this is the next step:

Click on the link below and select Windows Vista 64 bit from the dropdown menus and download the driver.Once downloaded, right click on it and go to properties. Click the compatibility tab. Then check the box to run in compatibility mode and select Vista 64 bit from the dropdown, if that is the version you downloaded. Follow the prompts. Test when done and power on the printer when it says to connect it. Link: http://support.lexmark.com/index?locale=EN&page=product&userlocale=EN&productCode=LEXMARK_X7350#1 Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed. Regards,Sheri-Expert
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I was not able to uninstall the printer. Uninstall said I need to sign in as administrator to continue. Not sure how to do this.

It sounds like you can't without the password. Is that a work computer that is locked down? Try going into devices and printers and right clicking and clicking delete, or click remove printer at the top of the screen. Otherwise, just try the procedure without deleting that one first.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
my home computer and I am the administrator.

ok, just follow those steps I sent.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I downloaded it and I didn't see an option to right click on it. Should I run or save the download?

save the download. then right click it before running it.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I am not getting the typical download window for the download.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
The prompt I am getting is a small gray box that asks if I want to save or run the program. If I save it I get another run prompt. I am not getting an exe. prompt or anything.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Okay, I was able to find the program and when I right clicked on properties and went to compatibility mode. The only options were windows vista, vista power pack 1 and 2, xp, etc. I tried to download for vista, no results.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Are you still with me?

Ok, then go back to the webpage and download the xp driver if they have 64 bit and save it. The go to where it is dowloaded and run it in compatibility mode for that version.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Service pack 2 or 3?

To choose the download or on the compatibility mode tab?

Also, before you do that, since you currently have the vista driver on there, try this again before doing the xp:

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
In compatibility mode I selected service pack 3 and it started to download.

ok, do that then. Let me know how it goes.

I didn't see that on the Lexmark page. You are on the Lexmark page from my link, not the driver website, right?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
on the link you sent

ok, let me know how it goes. Make sure it's 64 bit

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
my first selection was xp 64 bit. then it gave me the options for the service pack 2 or 3. I selected 2 first and it did not download. Downloaded on service pack 3.

ok, let me know how that goes

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
what is next step?

once you download it, run it in compatibility mode.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
went to the application on the download page and right clicked properties. Checked run in compatibility mode and ran the download. tried to print document to no avail.

ok, well now that there is an older driver on there, try this again:

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
computer does not see my printer
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
The update process said the best driver is on the computer

Is the printer powered on? If so, maybe try moving it to a different USB port.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
power is on. tried different usb port. printer is listed in the hardware and printer section of control panel. started troubleshooter and it did not detect a problem....still won't print.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
in control panel it shows my printer status as removing device
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
My account was charged the $39 for the remote access, which I didn't want. Can you arrange to have it credited back to my account?

I did already update the system. It may take time to show that credit. If you have any trouble with it, you can call customer service at 1-***-***-****.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Anything else you recommend to try to get my printer working?

Can you send me a picture of what you are seeing in control panel?

I see where it says removing device. Try again to remove device and use your password ***** it asks for the password ***** let me know if that works.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
It did not ask for a password. Device has been removed.

Ok, go into the printers menu and check and make sure all versions of that printer are gone. If there are any remaining, remove them. Then do the following:

Restart the computer with the printer turned off. Once it is started, go to the search on the bottom left and type services. In services, locate print spooler. Stop it and then start it. Next, turn the printer on and wait until the computer detects it. Then do the following:

Regards,
Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No new driver found. It searched for drivers. I ran the update. It said the current driver is the best for the computer.

Ok, now that you cleared out the print spooler, what happens when you try printing?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Wow! My document printed! Thank you. Sorry it was such a struggle. I appreciate your patience!

You are very welcome. I am glad it's working. It was my pleasure assisting you. Please feel free to request me in the future if you ever need assistance.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert