I have a dell inspirion 13 7000 series. I was trying to

I have a dell...

I have a dell inspirion 13 7000 series. I was trying to upgrade to windows 10 and now my screen is blank and i cannot get it to do anything

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

When I purchased the laptop from Best Buy they installed the software so i do not have a DVD

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I bought turbo tax DVD so I could do taxes and i need to install I am using a computer at work at the moment

3/24/2018
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.

before you ran the windows 10 upgrade what was the operating system earlier?

Not sure. The computer is at least two years old
how can you connect remotely. When I turn it on the screen is blank and then goes black

PLEASE NOTE: You may see ADDITIONAL SERVICES offer which is automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. you may close the offer if you don't want to avail additional service, we can continue with the chat service you have opted for.

I am talking about my laptop which I have beside me. I am contacting you using my work desktop

unplug the ac adapter and remove the battery from the laptop

let me know once done

I do not see how to remove the battery

tell me the model number of the laptop

It is a Dell Inspiron 13-7353
P57G

This model has an internal battery no worries you can leave that step and try to push and hold down the power button for 45 seconds and release it.

Trying that now.

connect the ac adapter now and power it on during this process hold down the shift key till you get to the login screen

I have the login screen up without plugging in the adaptor but it will not let me connect to wifi here at work
Should I still plug in adaptor and hold shift key down

connect the ac adapter now and power it on

as you power it on push and hold down the shift key till you see display on the screen and it must be released on the login screen

although I can currently see the display screen where I login, you want me to turn off laptop and unplug adaptor, then plug in the adaptor, hold down the shift key and then release it when I see the login screen?

yes please

if you are on the login screen then you may login to windows

It keeps telling me my device is offline. it will not let me connect to wireless here at work.
This is just not working. It tells me I am connected but then when I type in my password ***** does not work

type in which password ***** login or wifi password?

Wait now it is working

ok

all you have to do is restart the computer one more time by doing a proper shut down and wait for 2 mins and turn it back on you will be able to get to windows login just fine.

Please take a moment to click on the stars located on the top of this chat page to rate my service.
You may click on the response/reply button to continue if you need anymore assistance.
Thank you for your interest in Just Answer.

I want to make sure I have the latest version of Microsoft and that I can load turbo tax 2017 DVD. How much does it cost to connect remotely?

Additional remote service offer has been coming up on your screen and the value it on it.

Normally its $39

oh, okay. Can we do that now?
I updated the payment information for remote access. Not sure if it was received.
I will check that

you can check with customer service to fix the payment issue

Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer
I just fixed the billing problem. How long before you will contact me?
Did you get my message about I fixed the billing problem

Click on the remote link scroll down the page and click on the green "I agree" button and install the remote program

let me know if you find any problem following the steps

moses I am still using my work computer to respond to you. To connect to my laptop don't I need to be on it and do you need my personal email address to do that?

I want you to be at home and connect the computer and reply me then I will connect to the remote session and will check for all the updates.

What time you prefer to continue?

It will be around 4:00

central time?

But you will need to contact me at***@******.***. Eastern time

4:00 pm EST?

I live in North Carolina

I will not be in shift at that time will it be fine if we continue 7pm EST?

Goodbye

good evening.

I am online let me know if we can continue now

i had an internet outage at my area now its good to go.

To get started with our SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE session, please click on the link above:

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the lower left corner.)

I'll then be connected.

Moses it is bedtime for me. Can we try tomorro

sure we can what time you prefer mostly i am in the evening shifts.

Just tell me the times you work and the time zone you are located

6pm pst i start my work.

I am 3 hours ahead of you. So maybe we can try 6:30 pm your time which would be 9:30 pm my time.

Its going to take me not more than 30 mins to work on your computer.

is 6:30 p.m. your time ok?

absolutely fine with me.

Ok

alright

Just checking if you are online