Last update for Lenovo version was in 2015. Microsoft tech…

Customer Question
Last update for Lenovo...

Last update for Lenovo version was in 2015. Microsoft tech support has told me that I need an updated version. Would you help me with it?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 10 - just recently had an update & now games & a few other things are not working. Carol

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Lenovo software?

2015

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of now.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/24/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.

Who told you to upgrade and how?

I was told by a Microsoft Tech - Windows 10 that an upgrade of BIOS version is required to make some games work, plus a few other apps.
I just want to know how to download an updated version. It can't be that complicated if I knew where to find it.

I was bit concerned because Microsoft tech because Microsoft dont call or email customers automatically.

How did they reach your?

Dont worry i will give you the updates and the upgrade you are looking for.

After a Windows update some apps on my computer wouldn't open anymore & I used their online chat system. They connected to my computer to fix & updating BIOS version was their suggestion.

got that. Its absolutely fine if you have contacted them directly on Microsoft website.

Now you are looking for an updated version of what software?

They indicated BIOS version.

I am sorry to say but bios version doesn not play any role with Windows usage.

let me know what problem are you facing with the computer.

Upgading bios is a fatal call. Its the main motherboard and if its not updated properly of if it fails to update the whole motherboard will be damaged. I would not recommend BIOS update.

Okay. No problem. Will take my computer to my own tech support person. Thank you.

you can tell me the problem you are facing with the computer i can suggest you and i can fix it here as well.