I am trying to access my skype account but the questions…

I am trying to...

I am trying to access my skype account but the questions that I am asked are rediculous for an occasional user.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

The last time I used Skype was probably last May.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I've had the skype account since around 2006.

3/24/2018
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com , my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Sure, you can restore access to your Skype account easily if you have set your recovery phone and email address (prior to the login issue) and you still have that phone number or access to the backup email address.
Remember, it is not always possible to recover an account, especially if recovery information is outdated or or not set prior to the issue.
Have you tried yet going via account recovery procedure?
Or would you like me to remote into your computer and work on it with you? (optional extra service)

twice -- It asks for questions that are too old to answer. Like the last credit card I used...it was years ago. Even if I knew which credit card, the numbers would be different.

Were you given a chance to submit a form to Microsoft and did you get any answer from them?

What was Microsoft's response?

that they couldn't verify my identity.

ok, do you have any new information that can verify it to Microsoft?

I gave them names of 3 of my contacts and 2 phone numbers I've called--my username, password ***** email account.

if you cannot recover this account, maybe creating a new one would be a good idea?

Duh, I thought of that but then I will have lost all my contacts.
I want to talk to someone from Microsoft.

sure, follow the link below, and at the bottom you will see Contact Us. that will get you with Microsoft Support:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA109/i-ve-forgotten-my-skype-user-name-or-password

Good luck

UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator