I forgot my password. Dell latitude its asking me for a

I forgot my password ...

I forgot my password

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Dell latitude its asking me for a removable disk that I stored my password ***** I never made one

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Latitude?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Latitude? Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I need to get into my computer and it’s not accepting my password ***** had a computer repair shop and the got on it and I picked up my computer and it was working

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.

Is it windows password ***** are prompted for?

I’m assuming when I turn my laptop on it ask me for a password ***** get into the computer

is it the power on bios password?

go ahead
I put my phone number incorrectly on the form(###) ###-####
Don’t know what Bios means

the password ***** comes up as soon as you power it on correct?

or is it the windows login screen?

is it the windows login or it pops up as soon as you power it on?

Are you still there

i am with you online please reply to the last question

Which question sir

Can you switch to remotely

i can only swith to remote screen when the computer is on the desktop screen

how am I gonna fix this

do you have the purchase proof of the laptop?

bill or an Invoice?

Do you won’t be able o fix it
No sir this computer is 8 yrs old

tell me the service tag # or the model number

Latitude E5410
Model number P06G

give me few mins i am working on it.

Thank you

Are you getting a serial number on the password *****?

Are you getting it yet

do you see any serial number on the screen where you are asked to enter the password?

Sir I’m not seeing any of your messages

ok

i am sorry its taking time please bear with me i am trying to check if it can be fixed without opening the computer.

you will have to open the cover and access the main motherboard to reset the bios password ***** is no other way to reset the password ***** resetting it from the motherboard.

i can accept the remote service and give you a phone call support

How do I reset it

i am giving you the steps now all you have to do is unplug the ac adapter and remove the battery and then open the back cover and follow the reset steps.

1) Unplug or remove the CMOS battery AND main battery OR check for BIOS jumpers on the motherboard. This will reset the BIOS password (this may not be an option on your model).

2) Contact Dell Support. Give them your Service Tag number. They will need to verify ownership, but will be able to unlock your device.

3) There are several online services that will provide you with a master password ***** a fee based on your Service Tag number. Do an online search.

4) Take the device into an authorized Dell repair facility. They can unlock the device for you as well.

5) There are lists of master passwords based on your Service Tag and laptop model ( I have had limited success with this option).

6) IF ALL ELSE FAILS - Replace the motherboard. The BIOS is encoded on a chip on the motherboard, which you can replace. For your particular model, it is only about $80.

Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer