Shut it down and left to charge overnight. Next morning

Shut it down and...

Shut it down and left to charge overnight. Next morning nothing - no charge or power lights. Completely dead. 4 month old machine. X541N.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

15 inch ASUS laptop from Best Buy..

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Asus?

I think the model isX541N

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ISX541N? Have you installed any updates recently?

No - just use it for email and browsing. Not really very computor literate - sorry!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Does it work when the power adapter is plugged in?

No

Try this, with the power adapter plugged in to a known working power outlet press and hold in the power button for about 10 seconds, let the power button go when/if it comes on. Let me know how that works.

I have tried that several times, but still nothing

Have you held in the power button for 30 seconds? If not please try and let me know if you are sure the adapter is connected. Maybe unplug it and plug it back into the laptop just to be sure.

OK will try that...
Did that. Now at least I have an orange light showing, but nothing else so far.

Ok the orange means that the device is connected to power. Press the power button once now.

ok - it seems to be starting up now!
Thanks for your help.

Ok great. It should fully start up and have a look at the battery indicator to make sure the battery is charging. When the power button turns green it means the battery is fully charged. When using it on battery do not let it get to low plug it into power when it gets to around 10% and you will be fine. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist