What do I need to know about Ventura Consulting, Inc. Dell…

What do I need...

What do I need to know about Ventura Consulting, Inc.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell Inspiron 17 R 5720 I'm using Chrome.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Isn't Chrome an operating system?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

I think I've been scammed by Ventura Consulting.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Ventura offered me a lifetime securities plan including internal and network, I'm pretty sure it's bogus.

3/23/2018
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

I have seen a lot of scammers that say they legitimate business and they then install some fake software with big name like Cisco or Sonicwall and claim they give you "government grade" protection. then they charge you 1000 - 20000 for their so called support.

They are scammers and should be reported.

Let me know if you have further questions

No, I've had a bad experience with someone connecting to my computer. So I'll wait until you prepare an answer.

I already gave you an answer in previous message. please read it.

you can't give me an answer about the company I'm asking about, right?

I just did, what other info are you looking for?

I want to know if the company is legit.

sure, I have never heard of that business, but how much did they want to charge you?

I can tell if its reasonable or not.

$530.

scammers. antivirus and protection software doesn't cost that much. and no legitimate company will sell you lifetime license.

do not deal with them.

I can give you a list of free or very affordable software so that you dont have to deal with scammers.

do you have additional questions?

Is Shankar Consulting/Techowide one of them?
I do have Norton antivirus supplied by Comcast.

could be. there are million of fake names and companies.

If they want to charge way too much - then don't deal with them.

Norton is good. Legit and known product. Keep it.

It didn't stop my computer/network from being hacked last week. That's how I got into this mess.

It is unlikely that you were hacked. or do you work for Boeing and have secrets on your PC? (almost a joke...)

You may need to do a clean up on your PC and find people who can do it. Thats all.

You can use us, or go to BestBuy and have them do it if you have problems trusting people online

I've signed up with Shankar/Techowide. I believe after what you've said that they are scam artists too. I think I found them last November through Microsoft (?) as a technical support. How can I get them out of my life?

Microsoft doesn't outsource their work. So it they say they are with Microsoft - they are scammers too.

Just don't pay them anymore.

here is link that says that your Shankar are scammers: https://reportscam.com/techowidecom/

If you find information that I am providing to you helpful, please re-rate me with 5 stars

I've paid them plenty, I feel so incredibly stupid, I'm usually so much smarter than this. So you think the Geek Squad can help me? I can't go there until Monday. (Thanks for the link.) What will you do for me for $39.00????

Geeks can help, we can do remote clean up as well (for additional $39), but its up to you who you want to use.

UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator
I'm sorry I'm really gun-shy right now. What an idiot I've been. I'll go to Best Buy right away. I'll give you 5 stars.

Thank you. Good luck with it. Hope everything works out for you.